Learn about us
What We Believe
At Gateway, people can freely come to Jesus and find a community that together is steadily learning how to grow in and release the power of the Gospel in their life. This is so we can effectively re-present Jesus in our spheres of influence every day. We believe the Gospel carries genuine power in our lives and into the world.
What we Believe
- We believe in the inerrant Word of God as revealed in the Cannons of Scripture.
- We believe that Jesus in His humanity as the Son of God was born to a virgin through what is known as an “immaculate conception”.
- We believe that we are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the full and finished work of the Cross of Christ’s passion.
- We believe that the church was birthed in the power of the Holy Spirit on the Day of Pentecost as God’s Spirit people and His ecclesia.
- We believe in a Triune God as revealed in the Scriptures, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that an essential promise of God fulfilled in Jesus Christ is the grace gift of the Holy Spirit given to every single born again believer.
- We believe every born again believer is anointed by God to serve His purposes into the world and to make disciples of all nations teaching them to obey the teaching of Jesus as revealed in the canons of Scripture (The Great Commission).
- We believe the gifts of the Holy Spirit are for today.
- We believe that we are born again into God’s family and our new identity in this world from a biblical perspective is established by the Spirit of adoption.
- We believe that as God’s family on the earth, the church is also God’s ecclesia to function as a priesthood of all believers to bring forward the future but not yet Kingdom reign of God into this world by faith.
What we Believe
The Bigger Story
We believe Jesus Christ, filled with the Holy Spirit of God, personified God the Father and as such made the unseen God known to us all through His life on earth.
We believe in the gospel of the Kingdom of God as Jesus preached and demonstrated. It is the amazing Biblical truth that Jesus not only died for our wrongs against God (by us rejecting His love and truth and not trusting that He exists or in humanity’s mission – called sin), but He also gave to us a new life that flows with God’s life, so that we can come into the fullness of our God-potential that God always intended for us to realise whilst living on earth.
That new life comes to us by the work of the Holy Spirit and the acceptance of Jesus Christ into our life turning away from our old life of sin. This new life gives us confirmation of identity, brings us into relationship with God so we may know and experience Him in a real way, and so that we can have relationship with others in such a way we can fulfil the purpose for our life that God always intended for us.
Jesus becomes the key to unlocking the fullness of the potential God created us with and to fulfil the destiny that God chose for us.
We believe Jesus won for us more than a ticket to heaven when we die. He gave us a new life, with a new identity, affirmation, value, hope, community with family-like Godly values, and purpose. He gave us everything we need by His obedience so that we can prosper and live an exciting fulfilled and overcoming life and carry that new life into the world so others may know him also.
We recognise that we need to reach maturity in the new life we have been given. So we believe that believers need to be built up together in a community that shares relationships like a family does, where honour, respect, generosity and responsibility are values we hold to. As we grow up into the reality of our maturity we believe that we are equipped to reveal this new life in Jesus to others no matter what sphere of influence God has given to us.